Saturday, October 27, 2007

In Jamaica

Good day everyone! Greetings from Jamaica.
My time in travel was pretty good. My flight to Philidelphia was
great because I slept the whole way. The flight to Montego Bay
was pretty long but we made it safely so I have to be grateful for
that. Once I arrived at the airport, one of the staff from YWAM
picked me up. The city is beautiful. Some parts are pretty run
down but I love the culture. Once I got here, I realized that I
forgot some pretty important stuff. Like towels, sheets, flashlight,
alarm clock, soap etc. Dont know where my mind was when I was
packing.

To be honest, it has been EXTREMELY hard being here. They drop
you off in your room and there you go. Not checked in on once. It is
very lonely right now. Not alot of people around this weekend. So it
has been very sad. Missing family and friends. Not really having much
communication. So last nite, I went to bed at like 8:00pm because I
was so exhausted (which could be affecting my emotions) and I just
prayed that God would bring someone in my life to make me feel
more welcome than I have. Today as I was walking around the base,
I started talking to this lady Nancy and she helped me today. She
drove me into the city and I was able to pick up some stuff I needed
and to just chat with someone and to share how I was feeling.
It felt good.

I dont want you to be reading this and thinking that I am all sad.
God is going to use me here and I just have to be patient in letting
Him show me where that will be.

Thank you all for praying for me. I definitely need them. I get
computer access here so I will try to update this as best I can.
Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

karina said...

lexi, i can't believe you forgot all that stuff!! how crazy. but it's great that nancy took you in to town. how is the shopping experience there? i hope you are starting to have a better time and making new friends :) love you lots

Lori said...

lexi, thanks for letting us know how you are doing...i hope that someone will come around and show you more of what you'll be doing, was it because it was the weekend or something??? i guess i find it funny that they just dropped you off and that was it. i will pray for you my friend, that you will find direction there...stay positive OK??? i should be with you...hope you are doing good...miss you...:)

Michelle said...

Glad you made it safe and sound :o) Continued prayers for a 'friend'. Hopefully Jamaica had enough of what you needed that you forgot in Canada!!! Silly girl...

Shara said...

God will always provide for you, and what a great answer to prayer Nancy was. I will continue to pray that God shows you his great provision there. Love you.