Saturday, November 3, 2007

Week One

First off, thank you everyone who posted. It is nice to know
that I have support. Well, my first week is done and I am
still alive. YEAH! What a week it has been. I always knew
that I was an emotional person, but my goodness.

On Sunday, I went with a team of people and we hung out at
a beach here in Montego Bay. It was such a beautiful day. I
got burnt of course. Then on Monday I got to meet more of
the staff and touch base with the director of YWAM. I spent
the day just reading up on YWAM and get myself more
familiar with what they are all about. She also arranged a
place for me to serve outside the walls of the YWAM base. I
am volunteering at a place called CUMI (Community for the
Upliftment of the Mentally Ill). I will be volunteering there
every Tuesday and Friday. So on Tuesday I went there and
met 2 Canadian girls. April and Suzanne. We totally hit if off.
Then the rest of my time I will be staying at the YWAM base
helping out where its needed. This week and next, I am doing
some office organizing and some painting for the maintenance
guys. Friday I got to go to a daycare and carry newborn babies.
Talk about the cutest most precious sight.

This time has been more challenging and overwhelming than I
ever thought it would be. I have felt God's presence in the ppl
I have met and interacted with. The amount of love that YWAM
pours into their relationship with God has been so overwhelming
and encouraging to me. They seek Him in absolutely every
aspect of what they do here.

Thanks again for everyones thoughts and prayers. I have both
needed them and felt them. Please keep them coming. I will try
to post pictures next time!

5 comments:

...carla... said...

Lexi - it's great that things are going BETTER! It sounds like you're keeping busy, I hope you're having a great time! You're always in my prayers, for peace, and confidence that this is where you should serve, and safety, and all that kind of stuff!

Cyndy said...

Thinking and praying for you, Lex. You're there for a reason. Don'[t lose sight of that. Can't wait to see pics!
Love you lots,
Cyn

Michelle said...

Sounds like God has and is using you everyhwere!! That's awesome! Prayers that you contiue to grow and see where God's taking you! How long are there for?? Lots of love and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Love you and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lex, that message before was me, I forgot to sign my name.
Julie