Wednesday, March 14, 2007

M E X I C O ! ! ! !

As promised, here are a few photos from Mexico. We were there for
1 week. It was so nice and relaxing. We layed on the beach for most of
the week. We did 1 day trip to Xel-Ha (it was a snorkeling park) and
for the rest of the time, just stayed at our resort. Both Val (other girl
in the pictures) and I had to keep telling ourselves to relax. We both
work full time and our schedules are quite packed so we weren't used
to just sitting or lying there without having our days planned out.

Below, the building is the hut we stayed in. There were 4 rooms in
one building and our room was on the second floor facing the woods.
It was a very nice view and we spent alittle time out there. The
beaches were great. White sand and beautiful clear water. The water
was more clear away from the resort so we walked along the beach
one day and just enjoyed the scenery.

In the evenings they would have these dancers who did a mix of
swing and ballet. It was so neat. They would of course, include the
audience. Thank goodness I was not picked to go up in front of a
hundred people to show them that I have no dance moves at all.
It was quite entertaining at times.
So, do I recommend a week away in Mexico?? I certainly do. It
was such a great time and the weather was perfect and the food
was great. I totally felt safe the whole time and our particular
resort was so wonderful!

There it is. If you want to know more, please ask!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Hey Lexi,
I'm so jealous! Right now in S'toon it is -18 degrees and blizzarding! Looks like you had a good time! Mexico is definatly one of my favorite places!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have a question. How is it fair that some people get to live by a beach and I have to endure snow in March?

Aly

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have seen you dance in front of all those people. You're so funny. Glad your back though. I still need to see your under water pictures.
Julie

Bonnie said...

Hey Lexi...
I TOTALLY knøw who you are!! I was one of those kids that hung out at Bethany ALL the time when my brother was there...just waiting anxiously for the day that I could go :) So yes...I definitely remember you! Though I didn't know you went with Jon. What were the exact years you went?
Anyway...Mexico looks AMAZING!! Were you in Cancun? Cuz Jon went with his sister just before we got engaged 3 years ago and he talked about Xel-ha.
Must have been such a good week :)
Welp...just wanted to say thanks for the compliment on my hair. I sure am happy with how it turned out :) But no, I didn't dye it...must have just been the way the light caught it that made it look red :)
Feel free to stop by anytime...i'll add you to my list too if you don't mind!

Janell said...

Hey Lexi,
so, mexico looked fun. can't wait till i come home, and we can catch up. don't work to hard out there!