Tuesday, September 25, 2007

JAMAICA

Not sure if anyone reads this anymore but I still enjoy
writing entries every now and then.

I had this crazy idea in my head that I wanted to take
a leave of absence from work and go and serve in another
country for a period of time. So, I went into my boss
and asked her if I could get a LOA from work for 5 weeks
and to my surprise, she accepted my request.

As of October 26th, I am heading off to Montego Bay,
Jamaica for 5 weeks. I will be working at SOS Village for
that period of time. I am excited to see what God will
have me do down there. This will be a very stretching
and scary experience for me since I am doing this all on
my own.

There has been a number of ups and downs in the whole
planning process. Trying to trust God that I made the right
decision and this is where He wants me.

If you remember, please keep me in your prayers as I
enter this life changing experience.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

so excited for you my dear! and it's so exciting to see you letting God stretch & shape you!! i love you!

Michelle said...

Wow..that's AWESOME!!! I'm sure you'll have a great time and God will use you in sooo many ways!! And keep updating your blog...I check it out often!!!

Shara said...

I read it, and check to see if there's anything new almost daily.

karina said...

good for you lexi :) can you explain what an sos village is?

Bonnie said...

That's AWESOME Lexi! I'll be thinking of you and praying it all works out and that God uses you in huge ways. Seriously... you're inspiring! I'm so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

It's an exciting 5 week adventure your going on.
May the Lord richly bless your work at SOS. Have some fun too.
About reading your blogger messages just keep on writing them, we will read them. I would miss yours.
Take care
Be joyful always