Thursday, January 11, 2007

My last 18 hours

I would like to paint you all a picture of the last 18 hours of my life. I get home from work and while I am coming down the stairs to my apartment, I trip and fall. Not just one or two steps. Five or six steps. The steps at my place are nice and cemented tiles so there is no cushion to them. So there I am, lying at the bottom of my stairs in complete and total agony. Not only did I bang my head, but I have bruises all down the side of my left leg, my knee is completely bruised and bleeding, the heels on both of my feet are totally bruised and the side of my left hand is banged up. When I finally had enough energy to get myself up (probably 15 minutes of just lying there) I went on my bed to rest a little bit more. So when it came time to go to bed, I could not find a comfortable way to sleep so it took my like 1 and a half hours to fall asleep and even then, I kept waking up through out the whole night. So when it was finally morning I went to get into my car and realize that it was broken in to and all of my cd's stolen and my car completely trashed. Thank goodness they didnt break anything but how annoying is that?? The drivers door was wide open and the crazy thing is that it was parked under the carport and my bedroom window is right there. So I get in my car and now I am heading to the one place I dread the most in my entire life. The dentist. I am like a child getting a needle. I have to talk myself into sitting in the chair, opening my mouth and letting them do their thing. But I think my luck is starting to get better because I have no cavaties. YEAH!

So, there it is. The story of my life. I guess it is good when you get to the point of laughing at yourself. I actually find it quite amusing that this all happened to me in 18 hours. Gotta love it!

5 comments:

Lori said...

me again lexi...i'm so sorry about your fall and your car being broken in to, it's amazing that you are handling it all so well! good for you....take care of yourself! :)

karina said...

oh my poor girl. take it easy this weekend ok? love you :)

Anonymous said...

Comment? None.
CdR

Cyndy said...

GieBRAT,
I miss you!!! Hee hee. I gotta admit (and you can get mad if you want) but I chuckled a bit after I read about you falling down the stairs - after I knew you were okay, of course. Hee hee. I'm SORRY!! I just kept picturing it over and over in my head and it would have looked pretty funny. Ah well...one of those moments we can laugh about now that it's over, but at the time, I'm sure it sucked...and HURT. Awwww... I hope you have a better week!!
Love you lots!

Cordella said...

Lexi,
That totally sucks! ouch, I remember falling down stairs as a child and I can't imagine falling as an adult! Hope you are feeling better!