Monday, December 18, 2006

Countdown begins. . . .

It is officially 1 week until Christmas Day. I cannot believe how fast December came and went. I have already been to at least 4 Christmas parties and I have 4 more to go (that is not counting our numerous family gatherings coming up). You would think I would be getting tired of them, but I am not.


Last night I had my Lifeteam Christmas Party and it was sooooo much fun (for those of you who don't know what Lifeteam is, it is like a Bible Study group that gets together on a weekly basis to encourage and strengthen relationships within the church and with each other). We played the game "Scruples" which is my new favourite game. We laughed lots and learned alot about each other. It was great! We also shared what we were thankful for this past year and what we were hoping for in 2007. It was really neat and encouraging to hear what my team was thankful for and also just to see what I said. I really didn't know what I was going to say until I was saying it. I think everyone in the group had said friendships. I was reading over my previous posts and I mention alot about friendships. I have come to realize just how important they are in one's life. I have been really blessed these last few months with amazing friends. I have made new ones and I have "rekindled" old ones. I think Christmas just brings this out in people. It is seasons like this when we think back on our year and reflect on all that God has provided for us. This has been one tough, challenging, frustrating, amazing, strengthening and encouraging year. Aren't those the best!

1 comment:

Lori said...

lexi, reading your posts encourage me...thanks! hope you have a great christmas and new year...

ps...when we fly home from brazil we are landing in st. catharine's, perhaps we can get together? that would be cool...:)