Tuesday, January 30, 2007

BUSTED!

The day had finally arrived. The day that I had been dreading for the past 10 years. I got my first speeding ticket. I was just cruising along anticipating a visit with my dear friends Alex and Carla and I see a white car in the distance. Well, by the time I look down to see how fast I am going, it was too late. I see the bright red lights of the brakes and the car turns around to chase after me. By this time, of course, I go down to the speed that I should of been driving in the first place. Do you know how hard it is to actually drive 80km on a highway? Seriously. No one actually drives that speed. So he busted me for driving 110km. Yeah, I probably deserved it because I do have a heavy foot but I was looking forward to seeing friends I hadn't seen in like 2 years. I tried to use that excuse and I really thought it worked until I saw him walking towards me with papers in his hands. He had me sitting there for like 25 minutes. How horribly mean is that? So because of my obvious charm, I got away with a $40 ticket and 1 point against me. I should be grateful to him because he said it would of been a $340 ticket with 4 points against me because I was driving in a school zone. Oh well, I can laugh about it now.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

i don't know what i'm more mad about... that you got out of an expensive ticket & i didn't...or that you got to see my roomie, and i didn't! :)
love ya.

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness--
okay so I was doing the creepy blog spy thing (following others links to see who I know) and look who I find--an old dear friend!!!!!!
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!
So sorry about your ticket--but love seeing what's going on in your life!!

Nadine (Eichendorf) Ens
P.S. I've got you bookmarked now!

Lexi said...

Hey Nadine!!!
I lost your email address and I wanted to email you on your b-day. I was thinking of you! Do you have a blog or myspace or anything like that??

Anonymous said...

I am actually very glad that you got a ticket. You're the one that made me drive 120km/h all the way to Lethbridge and then I got in the habit of it and got a ticket on the way home!

I've had three speeding tickets already, don't stress too much about it. :)

Aly

Danny and Tania said...

I know how you feel.I got my first (and only) speeding ticket 2 years ago.I was over 30km over the speed limit and he let me off easier, too.It's funny, I still remember what song I was belting out when I noticed the cop.

Anonymous said...

I can laugh about it now too.
CdR